Large Dual-Diaphragm, Side-Address Condenser Vocal Microphone (Sable Gray)
This premium side-address, cardioid condenser microphone features a large dual-diaphragm capsule, optimized for world-class vocal recording and performance applications. With a tailored frequency response and extensive internal and external pop filtering, the single-pattern, dual-diaphragm design of the KSM42, featuring Prethos® Advanced Preamplifier Technology exhibits an exceptionally smooth proximity control and ultra-wide dynamic range. The KSM42 is the premier choice for capturing sophisticated, powerful and intimate vocal performances.
A milestone achievement in sound reinforcement, Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology employs transparent internal circuitry architectures that enable unprecedented audio quality and performance.
- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern creates a broad "sweet spot" and natural off-axis response
- Prethos® Advanced Preamplifier Technology exhibits extremely low self-noise with superior dynamic range, transient response and ultra-low distortion for transparent recording
- Dual-diaphragm design with an active front, ultra thin (2.5 micron) 24-karat gold, low mass, 1-inch Mylar® diaphragm
- Passive back diaphragm delivers exceptional control of low frequency proximity effect
- Tailored low-frequency roll-off minimizes low frequency room noise
- Integrated three-stage mesh grille guards against wind and breath noise
- Open cage ShureLock® rubber suspension shock mount with low-profile Popper Stopper™ magnetic pop filter produces a natural space between performer and microphone
- Extremely low self noise for critical studio vocal recording
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Durable zinc die-cast housing and hardened low carbon steel grille
- Internal shock mount to reduce unwanted handling and stand noise
Dual-Diaphragm, Front-Active, Externally Biased Condenser
- Frequency Response
60 to 20,000Hz
- Polar Pattern
- Phantom power required?
11 to 52 Vdc phantom, 6 mA